You have been reading more commonly the health benefits of drinking a coffee. Black coffee contains a lot of caffeine which can help your body remain fresh and healthier to some extent. But to the contrary, green coffee bean extract has also gained fame for its benefits and weight loss properties. So, let’s talk today about how to use green coffee for weight loss.
Losing weight can be difficult for many people these days right? That’s why people are searching for supplements that can enhance the rate of metabolism in their body and can help them lose the weight quickly. Fortunately, green coffee bean extract is one of them.
What is Green Coffee?
The coffee beans are naturally green but when roasted, they become brown in color., Green coffee beans are unroasted coffee beans.
These beans are regular coffee beans except for not being extracted.
As we all know, coffee beans are rich in caffeine and chlorogenic acid. These two compounds play an important role in weight loss.
Chlorogenic acid in coffee beans is supposed to be the main compound that helps a lot in weight loss.
But when roasted, the Chlorogenic properties of beans are diminished to a greater extent, and that’s why brown coffee beans are not as effective as the green ones.
So, unroasted beans also called as green coffee beans tend to have a more effect on weight loss as compared to the brown ones.
Mechanism and Working
One of the valuable sources of caffeine is green coffee and caffeine helps n increasing the metabolism rate from about 3 to 11 percent.
Nonetheless, the primary active nutrient that is believed to be helpful in weight loss is the chlorogenic acid.
Some of the main benefits of green coffee on weight loss are as follows:
- Chlorogenic acid helps in the reduction of carbohydrates from the digestive tract which can lower the blood sugar and insulin spikes.
Consuming unroasted coffee can become a lower carbohydrate diet for you in this regard.
- Specific studies have shown that, it is helpful in reducing the body weight, cut the fat absorbed during a diet, and reduce fat stored in a liver to a greater extent.
- Chlorogenic acid is also shown to be very helpful in reducing the cholesterol level and maintain the triglyceride levels. So, helping to reduce the risk factors for heart diseases.
Bottom Line is: It is beneficial for weight loss due to the presence of high amount of caffeine and chlorogenic acid. The chlorogenic acid being the main nutrient is also very helpful in reducing the risk factors for heart diseases.
Human Studies on Drinking Green Coffee as Compared to Brown Coffee
Several studies and experiments on humans have also shown that fresh coffee beans are more helpful in weight loss as compared to plain coffee.
For this aspect an experiment was done on two groups of people which is as follows:
- The one group was given green coffee while the other ones were given plain or usual brown coffee to drink.
- The experiment time was about for 12 weeks which means, the two groups will have to drink both types of coffees for four months respectively.
- After month results were concluded and they were astonishing for both the doctors and people.
- Group of people consuming it, lost about 11.9 pounds(5.7kg) while the other group consuming standard or plain coffee lost only 3.7 pounds(1.7kg).
- The body fat percentage was also low (3.6%) as compared to the other group (0.7%).
So, after this experiment, it is clear that green coffee has a significant effect on weight loss process as compared to the plain coffee. That’s why it is preferred more in reducing the weight respectively.
Other Health Benefits of Green Coffee
Besides the weight loss ability, these beans have also got so many other benefits that help in proper functioning of the body.
So let’s have a look at other health benefits:
- Chlorogenic acid found in the coffee extract is helpful in absorbing glucose from the body.
- The glucose metabolism rate can help a lot in diabetic management. In fact, it plays a protective role for diabetic people and can affect their weight loss ability as well.
- It is also helpful for the blood vessels in the body which are directly related to heart’s health.
- Its regular intake helps in lowering the human blood pressure. So, it is adequately helpful for high blood pressure people as well.
- Chlorogenic acid also acts as an antioxidant. Antioxidants are useful in rapid metabolism rate.
Side Effects Of Green Coffee
Besides the significant health benefits, it also has a few side effects on specific people.
Some of them are discussed below :
- Some people had complaints of a headache while drinking it regularly.
- Caffeine included in the coffee has numerous side effects when consumed in large amounts. This includes anxiety, restlessness and sleeping problems.
- Some of the people had also got allergic reactions. So, if you are allergic, better use it in an average proportion.
Dosage and Uses Recommendation
A normal dosage include about 120-300 mg of chlorogenic acid.
Depending upon the absorption chlorogenic acid in your supplement, the dosage may range from 240-3000 mg.
A proper recommendation for intake is one serving, 30 minutes before each mealtime you take.
Green Coffee has specific benefits from weight loss to the proper functioning of the body. It has got some rich nutrients that are very helpful for rapid weight loss and metabolism. Besides from the few side effects, it has got enormous benefits for the human body and is considered to be one of the most effective supplement for weight loss.
Apart from weight loss capabilities, green coffee also has a significant effect in protecting the heart from various diseases. So, if you want a weight loss without any effort, green coffee can be a perfect choice for you.
Good Luck !!